Tuesday, February 21, 2006

NT5.5

  • Compare the out-of-character narratives you wrote. In what ways does the real-life experience change?
  • In what ways does a published account have to be different from a letter?
  • Does the "you" described in each differ?

When I was talking to my mom, I decided to not say exactly what was said by Greg. I also gave more details about my job and how certain things work. When I was talking to my friend Chris I told him everything that was said. I also left out all the details about what certain work terminology means. I did this because he also works at Bob Evan’s Restaurant.

It needs to be more formal than if you are talking to someone that knows you. You also need to add in any details about yourself that people that know you don’t need to be told. In the case of this letter, it was the fact that I am a pretty mellow individual. You also need to keep in any details about the situation that may be unclear to people that don’t know you or the job that you do.

I don’t think the “you” in my case changes. I tell the story more or less the same way with my mother as I would with a friend.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home